Wednesday, 23 June 2010



Tongan Passage
2010 / 21x29,7 cm / linocut

The canoe in the middle contains some of the authentic Tongan symbols. I noticed that most of the carvers try to fill out the empty space with patterns. The result is a very finely detailed structured object. This print represents my impression of the daily life of the Tongans, how they went fishing, how the canoe glided across the water. Around the canoe the motifs
symbolise the marks of paddles as they disturb the surface of
the water.







Turtle
21x29,7 cm / linocut / 2010

I have always been fascinated by the turtle. The turtle represents wisdom and long life to me. Every single movement of these reptile are wonderful. I wanted to show it under water, swimming carefree. This is pure freedom. The sea turtle is also used as a symbol of the marine environment and environmentalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment